friends of CARE
An informal advisory group, Friends of CARE, has been established in 2002. This group is comprised of development professionals, business people, academics and civil society leaders. The members of the group provide advice and guidance to CARE's efforts to fight against poverty and social injustice. Members are:
- Dr. Taherunnessa Abdullah - an eminent social worker and a former minister of caretaker govt.
- Dr. Wahiduddin Mahmud - Professor of Dhaka University, a former finance minister of the caretaker government and, a leading economist of the country.
- Ms. Salma Khan - Women activist, coordinator of NGO Beijing Plus Five, member of CEDAW Committee of the United Nations and former chair of the CEDAW committee.
- Prof. Nazrul Islam - Urban planner and a professor of Dhaka University.
- Raja Debashish Ray - Chief of Chkama Circle and by profession he is a Barrister.
- Dr. Ainun Nishat - Environmentalist, Country Representative of IUCN, and a professor of Bangladesh Engineering University.
- Mr. Matiur Rahman - Editor of a bengali national daily "Prothom Alo".
- Dr. Hossain Zillur Rahman - A professor of Dhaka University, local government expert, well known for his work in the filed of Governance.
- Mr. Zahin Ahmed - Executive Director, Friends of Village Development in Bangladesh (FIVDB)- a local NGO working in Sylhet. He is known for his work in the health sector.
- Ms. Sultan Kamal - A human rights activist, freedom fighter and Executive Director of Ain- O -Salish Kendra.
- Ms. Ayesha Khanom - Women Activist, General Secretary of Mohila Parishad- oldest women organization, working in Bangladesh.
- Mr. Latifur Rahman - Reputed business person and publisher of national dailies.
- Rokeya Rahman - Chair & MDARL Links Ltd.